Before he began consulting, Peter McLoughlin held senior leadership roles in Organization Development,
Talent Management, and Human Resources at Millennium Pharmaceuticals, DuPont Merck Pharmaceuticals,
DuPont, and New England Nuclear Research Products. At Millennium, he created and led the Learning &
Organization Development function while the organization grew from 250 to 2500 employees and acquired
four companies. In his role, he designed and delivered solutions in
In addition Peter played a leadership role in post-merger integration of the four acquired
- Leadership and management effectiveness
- Talent management, individual development & career planning
- Meetings for strategic alignment, business planning, & problem solving
- Performance management, 360, and goal-setting
- Employee communications: surveys, publications, websites
- Coaching and HR support to senior management
- Community outreach and volunteerism
- Evolution of cultural traditions & social events.
companies and their 800 employees.
Peter also has prior experience in college teaching, college administration, and non-profit management
("Superkids - A Newsletter for Families and Friends of Children with Limb Differences" 1979 - 1999. Now,
Over his 30-year career, Peter has gained a reputation for innovation in talent development, strategic insight
into organizational performance problems, and clarity of thinking on complex issues. He is recognized as an
inspirational presenter. His work is noted for:
- bringing innovative, unconventional thinking to solutions,
- identifying and enhancing the less-than-obvious success factors in plans and programs, and
- creating streamlined, simple, sustainable solutions.
2002 - present McLoughlin Consulting Boston, MA
Advisor to senior executives of biotech / pharma, professional service, and non-profit organizations on
Board Member, The Possible Project
Board Member, Boston Facilitators Roundtable
Friend of Community Works
1996 - 2002 Millennium Pharmaceuticals Cambridge, MA
Senior Director, Organizational Development
- Led the creation of systems, processes, and mindsets to optimize performance, career/leadership
development, and full engagement of employees, through the company’s growth to 2500 employees.
- Founded and led “Millennium Makes a Difference,” the company’s system of outreach, employee
charitable giving, and volunteerism.
- Co-led post-merger integration of four acquired companies.
1979 - 1996 DuPont Merck Pharmaceuticals Boston/Billerica, MA
New England Nuclear Research & Diagnostics
Various titles through Associate Director
- Led consultation and training initiatives supporting the Nuclear Medicine business: intervention in the
most complex business problems; management of organization-wide initiatives.
- Managed Human Resources function of the business.
- Designed and led strategic planning offsites, client/company meetings, alliance management sessions,
- Created innovative, customized learning events; extensive teaching and facilitation of leadership
1976 - 1979 Bunker Hill Community College, Boston, MA
Faculty of Management; Director of Workshops for Business; Dean of Summer Session
1972 - 1976 McLoughlin Consulting, Boston MA
Independent Management Training Consultant
- Designed and led innovative management training programs for New England Telephone, Mass General
Hospital, Mass Eye and Ear Infirmary, and others
1972 Boston University Boston, MA
M. Ed. Adult Education, Faculty Advisor Malcolm Knowles
1971 Boston College Chestnut Hill, MA
A.B. Psychology and Philosophy
magna cum laude, Scholar of the College, Phi Beta Kappa
|Bio / Resume of Experience